27 Ara 2017 06:18

up to 100 pitches in his first start

BALTIMORE - Orioles third baseman Manny Machado began serving a five-game suspension Monday, nearly three weeks after Major League Baseball initially levied the sentence and five days after his appeal hearing. Machado was suspended and fined on June 10 for intentionally throwing his bat on the field during an at-bat in Baltimores game against Oakland on June 8. Machado immediately appealed the suspension, and spoke for about an hour Wednesday in an appeal hearing in Baltimore with MLB official Joe Garagiola Jr. The initial decision was upheld, meaning Machado will miss the Orioles four-game series against visiting Texas that began Monday, along with Friday nights game in Boston. "When we went in for an appeal I thought we had a good case, we had a great case," Machado said Monday afternoon. "We said what we had to say. It didnt come out how we wanted it to, but going into the appeal you know its going to be 50-50. Its something you cant control. I think we did the right thing, its a flip of the coin and we came up short. ... So now were just going to have to deal with the consequences." So will the Orioles, who will be forced to play with a 24-man roster. Chris Davis, who usually plays first base, was at third base on Monday night. "Thats the worst part about it. Were down a man," Machado said. "Obviously I dont want to put my team in that situation, especially five tough games." Machado tossed his bat in the direction of third base during a plate appearance in which Oakland reliever Fernando Abad threw successive high-and-tight pitches. After the bat went soaring, both benches emptied. Machado and Abad were ejected. Abad was fined but not suspended. "I didnt throw the bat at the pitcher. I didnt harm anybody. And Im going to get five games," Machado said. "I didnt charge the mound. I didnt get in a fight. ... This is an unfortunate event and Im going to have to deal with it." Orioles executive vice-president Dan Duquette said: "Obviously, we were disappointed. We were hoping the suspension would be reduced, and we thought there were good reasons it should have been reduced." In the opener of that series against the Athletics on June 6, Machado yelled in the face of Oaklands Josh Donaldson after the third baseman tagged him on the chest and caused him to lose his balance. Both benches emptied, but there were no ejections. "It sounded like they were giving him four games for the bat and they were also giving him an additional game for the Friday night," Duquette said. "I hadnt heard of a case where they went back and retroactively apply a suspension. ... The umpires didnt recommend any discipline; Manny stayed in the game. So that was kind of puzzling." Machado, 21, said he learned a lesson from the experience. "Dont do it again," he said. "You dont want to be in this situation. No one wants to be in it. Well just go from here and try to put this behind me and just go on playing baseball." Orioles manager Buck Showalter hoped the five-game sentence would be lowered after the appeal, but was ready to move on after the punishment remained in place. "It was surprising," Showalter said. "Were not going to dwell on it. We understand the rules and why things are in place for different reasons. There are repercussions for actions in baseball as there are in life in general. Hopefully, there will be some positive that comes out of it where Manny is concerned in the future and for all players, managers and coaches." Machado missed the first month of the 2014 season recovering from off-season knee surgery and got off to a slow start at the plate. Just before Mondays suspension, however, he had 10 hits over an eight-game span to raise his batting average 15 points to .239, and he also hit three home runs in his previous four starts. That made the timing of the suspension even tougher to take. "Definitely. It just (stinks)," he said. "I was starting to feel a little better at the plate and here they come with that bomb, five games. It was going to come. It was just about time to come. Unfortunately it came in the wrong spot, but hey, nothing you can do about it." Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys . He reps the 4-1-6The insecurity of Canadian basketball fans is not what it once was with the home grown talent making its way to the big leagues, but it is still nice to see the local kids remembering where they come from once they make their way south. Noah Vonleh Jersey . His Brazilian opponents said he produced miracles. There is no doubt that Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa was the one responsible for spoiling Brazils hopes of another World Cup victory at its home tournament. http://www.blazersteamofficial.com/Dami ... -Jersey/.C. Lions 35-14, was named the CFLs offensive player of the week Tuesday. Sheets recorded his ninth 100-yard rushing performance of the season to tie the Riders club record. Jusuf Nurkic Jersey . A little more than one year after missing a last-second tip-in that would have given the Wolverines a share of the Big Ten regular-season title, the 6-foot-8 forward scored on a layup with 7. Evan Turner Jersey . Mesoraco hurt his hamstring while scoring from second in Friday nights 5-4 loss at Atlanta. Chapman was hit by a line drive during an exhibition game on March 19, breaking his nose and a bone above his left eye. The left-hander looked strong while throwing 43 pitches in batting practice before Saturday nights game against the Braves. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- James Loney put the finishing touch on a Tampa Bay comeback victory. Loney hit a go-ahead, two-run double in the eighth inning and the Rays beat the Texas Rangers 5-4 on Saturday night. "I really felt good about James right there," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. "Hes calm, but hes got that thing going on inside. It definitely burns. He wants to win and he wants to play well." Loney lined an opposite-field drive off Neal Cotts (0-1) that went over left fielder Shin-Soo Choo and put the Rays up 5-4. His hit came after Evan Longoria was intentionally walked to put the potential tying and go-ahead runs on base. "I was actually (surprised)," Loney said of the walk to Longoria. "They had a one-run lead, but people like to do that now." Brandon Gomes (1-0) pitched a perfect eighth before Grant Balfour got the final three outs for his first save. Yunel Escobar and Matt Joyce homered for the Rays. David Price, who was sick Friday and almost didnt pitch, gave up four runs and nine hits in six innings. "Feel better since we won," Price said. Texas right-hander Nick Martinez allowed three runs and four hits over six innings in his major league debut. "Nick gave us a chance," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "At the end, we had the right people in there, we just didnt get the job done." Alex Rios put the Rangers up 2-0 with a two-out, two-run double in the first off Price. Rios has 12 hits in 30 at-bats with 10 RBIs against the Rays left-hander. Elvis Andrus made it 3-0 on a second-inning RBI single before Escobbar pulled Tampa Bay within two on a solo homer in third.dddddddddddd. It was announced before the game that Escobar and the Rays had agreed to a two-year extension for 2015 and 2016 worth a guaranteed $13 million. There is a 2017 club option. After Choo had a sacrifice fly in the fourth, Joyce cut the Rays deficit to 4-3 with a two-run homer in the bottom half. Maddon had a successful challenge for the second straight game. It was first ruled that Robinson Chirinos had beat Escobars throw from shortstop to first for an infield single in the second, but after a 1-minute, 35-second delay the umpires changed the call to an out. Maddon won his first replay reversal in the seventh Friday night after it was first ruled that right fielder Wil Myers didnt make the catch while sliding forward on J.P. Arencibias two-out flare. After a 1-minute, 43-second delay, the umpires ruled Myers did make the catch. "The umpires have done a great job with it," Maddon said. "It seems to be working well." Notes: Rangers ace Yu Darvish (neck stiffness) could throw up to 100 pitches in his first start this season Sunday. Alex Cobb (0-1) will pitch for the Rays. "Its going to be fun stuff," Maddon said. "Its a marquee matchup." ... Texas 2B Jurickson Profar (right shoulder muscle tear) is fielding grounders, but no date has been set to swing a bat. ... Rangers LHP Joe Saunders (bruised left ankle) played catch and will have his status determined by Monday. ... Martinez had his contract purchased from Double-A Frisco. ... Texas RHP Daniel McCutchen was optioned to Frisco. 23:20ET 05-04-14 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Pvp serverler sosyal ağı: pvp serverler habersiz kalma!

Silkroad Unique Bilgileri kategorisinde

lw789 gonderdi

up to 100 pitches in his first start hakkinda yorumlar